Data privacy in Sailfish OS is enhancing even further as GDPR comes into effect
Dear Jolla customers, fans and followers,
If you’re new to the GDPR, to put it very shortly: The GDPR is designed to allow individuals to more effectively control their personal data. The main aim is to improve public trust and harmonize data protection standards across the EU. The regulation will come into force on Friday May 25, 2018.
Here are the cornerstones on how Jolla views data privacy:
1. We collect only a minimum amount of information, only what is needed to run our services
2. We do not monetize your data, or give your data to third parties without your express consent- we only use it to provide our services to you
3. We do not collect any data without your consent
4. And last but not least: we care are about privacy on all levels!
The new regulation strengthens the rights of all consumers related to their personal data collected by different organizations and companies in the EU.
- access your personal data for any purpose at any time
- request that we correct if it is inaccurate
- ask us to delete your data
- object the use of any particular personal data of yours
Data privacy has always been in the core of Sailfish OS and in the way Jolla operates, and we believe this one of the main reasons why our customers and fans believe in us. And now this only gets stronger.
Thanks for your continued support, and let the sailing continue!
Your Jolla captain,
The post Data privacy in Sailfish OS is enhancing even further as GDPR comes into effect appeared first on Jolla Blog.