A reversi (also known as Othello) implementation for SailfishOS
This implementation features an easy way to implement different players.
Currently avaiable are:
- Human: A human player
- Tutorial: A player that tries to teach basic strategies
- Random AI: A simple AI selecting a random tile
- Greedy AI: Tries to get as many points as possible
- Tree AI: Builds a tree and tries to get the best possible result. Sometimes gets greedy.
- Balanced AI: An AI which tries to combine the more clever aspect of the "Tree AI" with the power of the "Greedy AI"
- Static Rule AI: An AI which determines the best turn by applying different static rules
- Control AI: An AI that tries to control the board by conquering key positions
- Assembly AI: An AI which uses several small entities to determine the best play
- Neural Network AI: An AI using a neural network
- Monte Carlo AI: An AI based on the idea of the "Monte Carlo method"
Source code is avaiable here: https://github.com/Top-Ranger/harbour-reversi
The app is released under the BSD license as following:
Copyright (C) 2014,2015,2016 Marcus Soll
Copyright (C) 2013 Jolla Ltd.
All rights reserved.
You may use this program under the terms of BSD license as follows:
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of the Jolla Ltd nor the
names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Added "Monte Carlo AI"
- Added icons of different sizes
- Added option to select random AI
- Removed opacity from icon
- Code cleanup