Sailfish OS 2.2.1 (Nurmonjoki) beschikbaar (update)
Update 12 september 2018
Jolla heeft ongeveer een week na de early access release versie 22.214.171.124 vrijgegeven voor alle Sailfish-gebruikers.
Jolla heeft zojuist de nieuwste versie van Sailfish OS vrijgegeven
aan de ‘early access’ deelnemers. Daarmee komt het alternatieve OS op versie 126.96.36.199. De vroege release is beschikbaar voor de Jolla-devices en de Sony Xperia.
De voornaamste verbeteringen voor deze release zijn:
- Verbeteringen aan het e-mailprogramma zoals
- ActiveSync agenda-uitnodigingen,
- read receipt ondersteuning,
- verbeteringen aan de afhandeling van bijlagen
- Sailfish OS (Jolla account, instellingen) zijn bijgewerkt om te voldoen aan de GDPR vereisten
- VPN verbindingen zijn nu stabieler bij het switchen van netwerk
- Verschillende beveiligingsupdates
- Verschillende bugs bij het aanmaken van accounts zijn geplet.
Helaas zijn er nog steeds een aantal zaken zoals bluetooth en de radio op de Sony Xperia die nog steeds niet (naar behoren) werken. Ook zijn er nieuwe installatie-instructies vrijgegeven voor installatie op de Xperia. Zowel de F5121 als de dual sim F5122.
De complete release notes bevatten:
Update version history
- 2018-09-04: 188.8.131.52 was released to Early Access subscribers (Jolla devices and Xperia).
- 2018-09-dd: 2.2.1.yy to be released to all Jolla customers having the following devices: Jolla1, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Xperia X (f5121 and f5122). Installable images for Xperia X devices will be available at https://shop.jolla.com/downloads/ .
Size of update
The download size of the update depends on the device type and on the OS version currently in the device. Some typical values below:
– Jolla 1 from 184.108.40.206 to 2.2.1: about 340 MB
– Jolla C from 220.127.116.11 to 2.2.1: about 380 MB
– Xperia X from 18.104.22.168 to 2.2.1: about 340 MB
This list contains examples of new features (and some bug fixes) added to SailfishOS, compared to the previous release 2.2.0. The release notes of 2.2.0 can be found here: https://together.jolla.com/question/184471/release-notes-220-mouhijoki-released/
Renewed instructions for installing Sailfish OS to Sony Xperia X devices are here – covering Windows, Linux and Mac computers. The same instructions are valid for F5121 and F5122, however, there is a dedicated flashable image for both device models.
- Updated Android Support of Jolla Tablet from version 1.0.69-1 to 1.0.89-1, including (but not limited to) the following fixes:
- Memory leak fixed — Android apps shouldn’t run out of memory that often anymore
- Enhanced window handling and crash dialogs
- Application scaling in cases where Android runtime is preinstalled to the image
- User is notified, if an Android application requires newer Android API than currently supported in Sailfish OS
- Progress and vibration are now honored on Android notifications
- Solved an issue where certain apps (i.e. Wechat) were unable to record voice messages
- “Waiting for connection” issue fixed in case of Facebook Messenger
- Restarting of Android Support fixed
- Aptoide app icon should now appear in the app grid after installation of it
- Android apps can recover mobile data connection
- Camera keeps working now also after using it in some Android apps
- Android market place installations again in Startup Wizard
- Fixed the issue of autocaps stop working after typing ca. 100 characters
- Fixed the issue of installing apps with apkd-install immediately after device boot up
- Fixed the issue of installing apps with apkd-install immediately after installing Android Support
- Video files sorted under correct date now, making it easier to find them for sharing
- Two issues with QQ aopp fixed
- Some inprovements to show document files (.pdf, .doc, etc.) in Android apps. This may still require using an Android file manager app
- GPS service for Android apps is more robust now
- Vibration fixed on Android messaging apps
- Co-operation of Tracker and Android Support at boot up improved
- Spotify music stream is now paused on unplugging headphones
- Android applications on Tablet follow the system language nowNo updates for other devices this time.
- Jolla account: modified due to GDPR: age of user checked; user is directed to account.jolla.com if account disabled
- Username is now prefilled when entering to the “Update sign-in credentials”
- Dropbox: 2.2.0 regression in creating the account fixed
- Facebook: 2.2.0 regression in creating the account fixed
- Creating Ambience opens a dialog with explicit save and cancel actions
- Fixed zoomed images not being reset when exiting camera roll
- Viewfinder rotation fixed in inverted portrait orientation (tablet)
- Accepting (or declining) meeting invitations on Exchange accounts now possible
- Alarm routed to loudspeaker now (Jolla1)
- Optimization to handle a big number of WLAN access points in Settings
CSD (built-in test tool)
- Gyroscope test result is now shown correctly
- Hall sensor test failure on Xperia X fixed
- Headset detection test fixed for T8 and T10 tablets
- Accelerometer test data is now shown in real-time
- Flashing script of Sailfish X improved to handle the changed syntax of the new version of fastboot command
- Call policy API
- Fixes to Applications API
- Support added for RTF text documents
- Share option added to the main view context menu in Documents app
- You can now request Read receipts for your the emails you send
- Exchange ActiveSync invitations can now be accepted or declined
- Don’t show keyboard until search page is opened
- Trying to send too large attachments are prevented and display warning
- Attachment file size is now also shown after download
- Notification sounds for Exchange ActiveSync emails fixed
- SIM switch toggle now also available for Dual SIM tablets
- Now handles opening of BMP pictures
- Recipient field now updates also on backspace press
- Label clipping in missed call item menu fixed
- Improved the way how dbus monitor handles passwords
- Vulnerabilities fixed: CVE-2018-14526, CVE-2016-5696, CVE-2014-4323 (Jolla1, remote), CVE-2012-0815, CVE-2012-0061, CVE-2012-0060, CVE-2014-8118, CVE-2013-6435 and CVE-2017-10790.
- End-User License Agreement (EULA) can now be accessed from Settings > About product
- Mime type is now shown on “Unsupported file” notification
- VPN connection now stays between connection changes
- VPN more robust when switchingbetween WLAN and mobile data networks. Automatic reconnection improved.
- Fixed an issue with DNS requests on a recently added VPN configuration.
Issues reported by the community at together.jolla.com and fixed in this update
For detailed changelog, see https://together.jolla.com/question/187243/changelog-221-nurmonjoki/
Updating your device
Your device must be connected to the Internet and signed into your Jolla account. If your Jolla account is registered for Early Access releases you should receive an OS update notification when an update is available. If you have decided not to take the Early Access registration then you will get the OS update typically one week later.
We warmly recommend making some 3-4 GB of free space to the internal storage of your device before starting the update. Move your pictures and videos to the SD card (or to your PC or cloud service). After the upgrade turn on the option to save pictures and videos directly from the camera to the memory card (Settings > Apps > Camera). This is important particularly in case of “Jolla Phone” devices (product name “Jolla” in Settings > About product).
If you have a Sony Xperia X dual SIM device(model F5122) running Sailfish version is 22.214.171.124, you can download this 2.2.1 update over the air. However, if its OS version is earlier than 126.96.36.199, then please install the official F5122 image by “flashing” the device – see chapter 6 in https://jolla.com/sailfishxinstall/. You can download this F5122 image from https://shop.jolla.com/downloads/ . Sign in with your Jolla account you used for purchasing the Sailfish X license.
This is the usual drill before attempting to update your devices:
Take a backup of your data before attempting to update your device and save the backup to an SD card or to some other off-device location (PC, your cloud service). Note that videos and images are not included in cloud-based backups. Do not reboot the device while the update is in progress. Do keep the phone connected to a battery charger during the whole process. Device screen may blank out during the update process; you may waken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress.
For detailed instructions on updating software, visit Zendesk: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201836347
Notification concerning apps from Open Repos
- If you use Phonehook or Callrecorder from OpenRepos, uninstall it before upgrading
- If you use oFono from OpenRepos, revert to the official oFono before upgrading
- If you use Patchmanager, revert all applied patches before upgrading.
About SD cards
New path to SD card was introduce in 188.8.131.52: Symbolic link
/media/sdcard/<uuid>/, actual path
Please read our help article on SD cards supported by Sailfish OS: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201997993.
Please update your File Browser app to version 1.7.2 or later (Jolla Store).
- Bluetooth pairing and audio connections may still fail in some circumstances
- Events View has been reported to remain empty in some cases
- When using VPN, the icon showing the connection type (WLAN/mobile) at Home screen may sometimes be “mobile” even if WLAN is connected. Toggling the connection should help. To be fixed to OS update 2.2.2.
Known issues specific to Xperia X
There are few observations (being investigated) where mobile data cannot be easily turned on after device restart. In such a case force the device to Flight Mode momentarily and back to normal mode. This will reset the modem.
[camera] Force autofocus mode for photos, and continuous for video. After this, camera focus is still not ideal – as the camera stays out of focus when it starts until you either tap or try to take a shot – but the pictures seem to be better focused now
Issues with mobile data persist on some SIM cards. Turn the Flight mode on and off to reset the network setup. Reverting the device to Android and re-installing Sailfish X has often helped. See our support article: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004283713
Xperia X does not power up when alarm time has elapsed
Manual network/carrier search lists all networks by the same name (the name of the SIM provider). Use automatic search. If not possible, you need to try several items in the manual search results, unfortunately. The top most item is not necessarily the one that can serve you (still valid with most SIM cards)
Bluetooth: Still problems with car equipment, some audio devices and computers.
Waking up the device by double-tap does not work
Loudspeaker volume level cannot be adjusted high enough (but echo cancellation was added to the audio path in 2.1.4)
- Not working: barometer, step counter
Issues with video playback and video recording (less than before)
FM radio missing
Not all SD cards are recognised and mounted (some improvements expected in update 2.2.2)