Sailfish OS update Taalojärvi available now!
We’re glad to announce that the latest Sailfish OS update Taalojärvi is now available to all Jolla smartphone and tablet users!
This update is mostly a quality release containing hundreds of bug fixes, most notably in Homescreen, Connectivity and Android support. It has also some valuable new features, such as direct sharing to cloud, lockscreen media controls added for Android media apps, and the ability to show past communication logs directly in contact cards.
Highlights in the Taalojärvi release:
- Cloud support: share pictures directly to your Dropbox or OneNote account
- People: past communication events displayed on contact cards
- Home/Events: access to Events settings added to the Events shortcuts menu
- Home/Events: flicking between Home and Events made easier
- Passwords: all password fields in the OS now have the opportunity to show the password
- Settings: you can now install untrusted software without Jolla account
- Sailfish OS sharing options now added to the Android sharing menu
- Lockscreen media controls are now available for Android media apps (e.g. Spotify)
- Support for SMS sending through Android apps added
- SD card support added for Android apps
Read the full release notes here.
On behalf of the whole Jolla team,