AstroCalc is ment as the amateur astronomers pocket book, containing everything you need to plan a night watching the sky.
Currently AstroCalc can show the position of the Sun, Moon and planets graphically, show set and rise time, magnitude and distance from Earth, and date for next new and full moon.
The graphic display are divided into two sections: A half circle showing the vertical position of the object and a full circle showing the direction of the object.
Please remember to select 'Get position from GPS', otherwise you will get the object data for a position in southern Denmark ;). 'Get position from GPS' samples the GPS position until it has your position with sufficient accuracy, and stores the position for future use. While the position is sampled, an GPS icon are shown in the upper right corner of the screen.
This is an early version, so if you have ideas or wishes, feel free to contact me either here, or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 64 bit version.
- Sizing of circle and half circle has been changed to better fit screen generally.
- Vertical padding of object info changed from none to small theme standard.
- Size of moon phase images changed from hardcoded to large theme standard.
- Some code cleanup.
- Full circle has been replaced by a compass rose.
- GSP coordinates of phone moved from main page to settings page.
- Object symbol is now shown to the left of object selector.