A simple Katakana (Japanese syllabary) trainer for SailfishOS containing four test modes:
- Normal test: You get a Katakana and have to choose the correct transcription
- Reverse test: You get a transcription and have to choose the correct Katakana
- Free test: You get a Katakana and have to type in the correct transcription
- Free reverse test: You get a transcription and have to write the correct Katakana. For now you have to decide yourself whether you answered a question correctly
Source code is now avaiable at https://github.com/Top-Ranger/harbour-katakana
The Hiragana version can be found here
The app is released under the BSD license as following:
Copyright (C) 2014,2016 Marcus Soll
Copyright (C) 2013 Jolla Ltd.
All rights reserved.
You may use this program under the terms of BSD license as follows:
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of the Jolla Ltd nor the
names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Fixed normal test
- First tablet version
- Fixed settings page visual bug
- Fixed bug where keyboard would not automatically appear in free test
Textfield of "free test" now has auto-focus
Added "Kunrei-shiki romanization"
- Added "Free Reverse Test"
- Small UI improvements
- Made distinctions between Z- and D-Rows more obvious
- Corrected spelling in settings menu
- You won't automatically get a new question on correct answers as long as you haven't activated it in the settings
- Added setting menu
- Answer-Popups are now customisable
- Added enable all / disable all buttons
- Improved UI
- Improved test modes
- Added save functionality
- Tweaked UI
- QML cleanup
- Internal clean-up
- Fixed a bug where the wrong Katakana appear in tests
- Minor visual changes
Changed free test mode: You now have to only type in the transcription
without the explanation on Hiragana with the same transcription (e.g. on
ジ and ヂ you only have to type in "ji")
- Initial release