Vodman enables you to save videos from popular sites such as Youtube or Twitch to your device.
Simply copy the URL of the VOD to the clipboard. Then, open Vodman and use the pull down menu to start the download.
Decided you didn't want a VOD after all? No problem, cancel the download and optionally delete the file.
Vodman uses youtube-dl and can download from any supported site.
- better handling of 'temporary name resolution failure'
- vodman-lib: add support for manifest url on audio/video format
- vod file download failures are now reported again
Please note that this update resets the application to default settings
- vodman-lib: add support for partial playlist download
- move application settings from dconf to Jolla recommended location
- handle 'youtube-dl signature extraction' error
- handle handle HTTP status code 404
- vodman-lib: fix constructors for VM*Data
- update Chinese and Swedish translation
- show dummy thumbnail if meta data doesn't provide one
- make 'already downloading' notification transient
- remove non-functional 'download from url' button on cover page
- add support for playlist downloads (i.e. youtube, afreecatv)
- add support for background check for youtube-dl update
- add Chinese translation
- video format handling
- support download of vods without vcodec set in meta data
- fill in video width from detected format (best guess)
- add error handling for 'content gone for good'
- youtube-dl can now be updated independently of app
- file path of download can now be copied to the clipboard
- various small ui improvements
- added Swedish translation provided by Åke Engelbrektson
- updated youtube-dl to version 2019.01.27
- added D-BUS API to download VODs
- added support to download direct video links
- fixes dependencies for Jolla store
- adds support for python in addition to python3
- add placeholder message when download view is empty but a download pending
There is a small delay after the meta data has been downloaded, the vod download has been triggered and the vod actually appearing in the list view. The message informs the user that the download is underway.
- Updates youtube-dl to version 2019.01.17
- Add support for German localization
- Made app Jolla store compatible. The ramifications are as follows:
- the dependency on the vodman-service/libvodman are gone
- the app will no longer show downloads triggered by other apps through vodman-service
- the app must remain opened to complete downloads.
- Updates youtube-dl to version 2018.11.07
- Updates youtube-dl to version 2018.09.10
- Ui tweaks
- Fixes issue reporting youtube-dl process errors
- Adds urls to sources on GitHub/project page on OpenRepos
- Ui tweaks
- download page now shows busy indicator while the thumbnail is loading
- adds proper error messages
- if the device runs out of storage space
- if the url used to download meta data is invalid (e.g. empty)
- adds check to prevent user from accidently downloading to the same file twice
- cached meta data now expires after one hour
- Fixes issue with default download combobox and text field being out of sync
- Adds support for bearer management in harbour-vodman
- Fixes call of VMQuickVodDownloadModel.cancelDownload undefined index
- Adds copying information for youtube-dl as COPYING.youtube-dl
- Fixes index out of bounds access to vod format list
- Adds MIT license as COPYING
- Replaces cancel all downloads cover action with start new download
- new version to fix botched RPM on openrepos
- Moves service XML to vodman-service package where it belongs
- Removes library dependency on QtGui for vodman-service, libvodman
- all: fixes license info (2016->2018)
- all: bumps version to 1.0.2 (HEAD -> master)
- rpm: adds missing d-bus service xml to devel package