Unofficial Pebble smartwatch support for Sailfish.
Rockpool is a port of the Ubuntu Touch application RockWork, which is a port of the Sailfish application Pebbled, which can trace its history back to the original python libpebble written by Pebble developers for exactly this sort of thing. It supports the v3 version of the Pebble firmware, which was released with the Pebble Time and is now available for earlier models. It has partial support for the new Rebble services, including the watchface and app store.
- Forwards notifications to the watch, they can be opened or dismissed from there. New notification types in the pebble v3 are used: Hangouts for Hangish, Telegram for Sailorgram and the android client, Whatsapp for the android client. Different notification types can be silenced either completely or only when the phone is unlocked. SMS and IM messages can be replied to from the watch using user-defined 'canned messages'
- Calendar entries are added to the timeline on the watch, automatically refreshed when the phone's calendar is updated. If you have a reminder set on the entry before the event starts, you'll get one on your watch too. If you log into Pebble, then your watch will be able to subscribe to custom notifications from watchapps too.
- Send music info to the watch, including track duration and progress so you get the progress bar. You can pause, play, skip tracks and change the volume from your pebble.
- Show incoming call notifications, rejecting, accepting and ending calls.
- You can manage watch apps, and browse the pebble store for new ones. If you previously added apps manually, you should remove them and add them from the store so you get the nice icon. Your installed apps and watch faces can be synced with Pebble. Apps that push timeline pins to your watch from the internet are supported.
- Rudimentary native app API. Apps can send data to the hidden built-in fitness tracker.
- Support for Pebble Time watches' Weather application
- Lots more: Profile switching when the watch is connected (e.g. silent). Take, manage and share watch screenshots. Update the time on your watch whenever the time or timezone changes on your phone.
- Language file support for alternative character sets.
The following features are not yet implemented:
- Support for Pebble 2 watches. The new models only support Bluetooth Low Energy, and Pebble's BTLE protocol is not implemented in Rockpool.
- Fitness features such as step counting and sleep tracking work on the watch, but the data is not downloaded to Rockpool so there's no long term data or graphs of your activity. The heart rate monitor is not supported, though neither is the watch that has it.
Please feel welcome to contribute on GitHub, either by filing issues or chipping in. New translations are always welcome on https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/rockpool/translations/!
The best place to get Rockpool from right now (SFOS 4.5.0) is my community repository on OBS. Use one of these commands as root depending on your architecture
ssu ar rockpool https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/home:/abranson:/sailfishapps/aarch64/
ssu ar rockpool https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/home:/abranson:/sailfishapps/armv7hl/
ssu ar rockpool https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/home:/abranson:/sailfishapps/i486/
And install with:
zypper ref rockpool && zypper dup --from rockpool
- [rockpool] Fix close notification crash. Fix rpm for obs build.