Unofficial opensource Slack client for Sailfish.
SailSlack2 is a fork of SailSlack by danvratil.
This is an alpha-quality software, do NOT rely on it for work!
I do not plan to do any further development but forked since I couldn't get in contact with maintainer for the Sailslack app when I wanted to merge fixes for some bugs.
- multiple teams support
- channels, private chats and multi-user chats
- real-time messaging and notifications
- sending messages and images
- display sender's detailed profile
Currently not implemented/broken
- joining channels and chats from the app
- viewing and replying to threads (you see all the messages but as a flat list)
- reacting to messages
- starring channels, messages etc.
- creating reminders
- message deletion or editing from the app
Source code: https://github.com/decon4/harbour-sailslack
Workaround for not being able to login
The problem with the login is due to Qt WebView being to old to handle the login page provided by Slack and it is a bit difficult to fix that in the app without a newer Qt version.
I have however found a workaround (which can be used until Jolla decides to upgrade Qt):
1. Log in to phone via ssh
2. Insert the following as root (devel-su) before last "}" in /usr/share/harbour-sailslack/qml/pages/LoginPage.qml and save file. Sorry about formatting. Couldn't find a way to insert as 'code'.
property url tmpUrl: "https://localhost:3000/oauth/callback?code="
3. start app from CLI and select "Sign into a Workspace" from pulldown:
4. Kill app (ctrl-d)
5. Locate debug print "startUrl" and paste the url to your browser on pc
6. After you have logged in to slack on your pc and pressed the accept button it will redirect to another url. Store this url in a text editor.
7. The redirect url contains a long code containg hex numbers and dots. (look after "code=")
8. Insert this code after "code=" in property tmpUrl in LoginPage.qml. (The code is only valid for 10 minutes but you can call the startUrl in the browser again if you are too slow.)
9. Uncomment authenticator.fetchAccessToken(page.tmpUrl) (i.e. remove //) and save file.
10. Start app again and it will fetch your workspace data automatically.