New feature! Automatic charge control!
New feature! --verbose and --debug command line arguments (-v and --help, too!)
Fully discharging a battery and charging it back to full charge again wears it out sooner than you might expect. Battery Buddy can help you increase the battery lifetime by automatically pausing and resuming charging. You can set alerts for low and full enough charge levels, too.
Please note that the charger control mechanism may not work for every device out there. So far it has been successfully tested with the following devices:
- Jolla Phone
- Sony Xperia 10
- Sony Xperia X
- Sony Xperia XA2
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet
Please let me know if it works for your device, or if it doesn't work!
Bug reports and translations are most welcome!
Source code can be found in GitHub.
- Fix broken notifications timer
- Add Swedish translation (thanks, eson57)
- Add --debug, --verbose, --help and -v parameters
- Fix crash on startup after upgrade
- Fix missing systemd service after upgrade
- Add landscape orientation support
- Update Chinese translation (thanks, dashinfantry)
- First release in OpenRepos
- New feature: pause and resume charging (automatically/manually)
- Implemented systemd service for charger control permissions
- Massive code cleanup, many parts improved or rewritten
- Don't use deprecated /run/state/namespaces/Battery/
- Audio tests moved to Settings page
- Use "right to left" slider highlight
- Use separate license page
Full changelog in GitHub.