Fully discharging a battery and charging it back to full charge again wears it out sooner than you might expect. Battery Buddy can help you increase the battery lifetime by automatically pausing and resuming charging. You can set alerts for low and full enough charge levels, too.
This version is for SailfishOS 3.3.0 Rokua and newer. For older SailfishOS versions (tested with 2.2.1 Nurmonjoki) please download the legacy release below.
The application comes with a service component that takes care of charger control and alerts. This means that the application doesn't have to be opened for alerts and limits to work - which is against Jolla Store policy, and hence worth mentioning here. You can control the service from the application (start/stop and enable/disable on boot).
You can better see what's going on by running the application or daemon with --verbose or --debug options. Help is available with --help option.
Please note that the charger control mechanism may not work for every device out there. So far it has been successfully tested with the following devices:
- F(x)tec Pro¹
- Jolla Phone
- Sony Xperia 10
- Sony Xperia X
- Sony Xperia X Compact
- Sony Xperia XA2
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet
Please let me know if it works for your device, or if it doesn't work!
Bug reports and translations are most welcome!
If you like my work and would like to support me, you can now buy me a coffee.
Source code can be found in GitHub.
|harbour-batterybuddy-2.1-2.armv7hl.rpm||68.54 KB||22/03/2020 - 22:22|
|harbour-batterybuddy-2.1-2.i486.rpm||70.77 KB||22/03/2020 - 22:22|
|harbour-batterybuddy-2.2-2.armv7hl.rpm||72.43 KB||28/03/2020 - 11:55|
|harbour-batterybuddy-2.2-2.i486.rpm||74.84 KB||28/03/2020 - 11:55|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.0-1.armv7hl.rpm||102.74 KB||31/05/2020 - 21:55|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.0-1.i486.rpm||108.55 KB||31/05/2020 - 21:55|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.1-1.armv7hl.rpm||102.8 KB||01/06/2020 - 19:01|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.1-1.i486.rpm||108.68 KB||01/06/2020 - 19:01|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.2-1.armv7hl.rpm||107.05 KB||12/06/2020 - 01:27|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.2-1.i486.rpm||113.38 KB||12/06/2020 - 01:27|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.3-1.armv7hl.rpm||107.89 KB||12/06/2020 - 14:39|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.3-1.i486.rpm||114.28 KB||12/06/2020 - 14:39|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.4-1.armv7hl.rpm||109 KB||14/06/2020 - 19:42|
|harbour-batterybuddy-3.4-1.i486.rpm||115.27 KB||14/06/2020 - 19:42|
- Check service status when starting app
- Add controls to enable/disable service at boot
- Trigger notifications when charger is connected/disconnected
- Fix notifications and sounds (broken since 3.2)
- Reset notification ID after closing it
- Fix cover page text wrap issue
- Minor repo/code cleanup
- Start user service at boot
- Remove all old versions of the service
- Fix start and stop service controls
- Update Swedish translation (thanks, eson57)
- Run daemon without root privileges
- Add start and stop daemon controls
- Update Chinese translation (thanks, dashinfantry)
- Don't alert on "100% idle" (e.g. emulator)
- Reimplemented systemd service controls charging and notifications
- GUI doesn't have to be open for proper operation
- Added Ko-Fi donation link
- Translation fixes
- Identical with 2.99-1 / v3.0 beta 1
Full changelog in GitHub.