File Browser (beta)
Beta: File Browser for SailfishOS
This version can be installed in parallel with the original File Browser.
A few months ago I felt the need for a more complete file manager on my phone. I liked what Rudi Timmermans did with his Fileman app, but I also liked the way File Browser handled directory changes. Plus I missed some features...
This release contains a long list of fixes and notable changes. See the release notes for details.
Most notable changes:
- added a shortcuts page, easily accessible from the directory view (thanks to Rudi Timmermans for the idea!)
- added quick filter option to the directory page (top pulley)
- added file actions to the file page
- added support for thumbnails (configurable)
- added an image viewer and video previews
- added a 'Gallery Mode' for comfortably managing folders of images
- allowed selecting text in text preview
- added sharing (easily disabled for Harbour at build time via spec file option)
- added 'transfer' option: quickly copy, move, or link one/multiple files to one/multiple destinations
- added list of contributors
- added quick-selection option (long press on first item, like Shift in many desktop file managers)
- added support for local view preferences (stored in .directory files, like KDE's Dolphin does)
Note: most pages and new features are reachable by swiping left or right or up or down! SailfishOS' swiping mechanic is amazing, and I tried to make use of it wherever possible. Try it out! ;)
I would appreciate it very much if you could test this new version and provide some feedback
- Do you like the new interface?
- Is SailfishOS 2 support important for you?
- And of course: did you find bugs? Are important features missing?
- and so on...
Please note that this version is not compatible with SailfishOS 2. Pull requests fixing this are more than welcome :)!
Please also note that the sharing feature included in this version is not allowed in Jolla's Harbour store. Releases here on OpenRepos will always include this feature, though.
Important: For this beta release (2.0.0 and upwards), I changed the license of my changes to the GNU GPL v3+. The original File Browser is in the Public Domain.
This app is free software released under the GNU GPL v3+. The source code is available here: https://github.com/ichthyosaurus/harbour-file-browser. The non-beta source code can be found here: https://github.com/karip/harbour-file-browser.
|harbour-file-browser-beta-2.0.0-0.i486.rpm||206.46 KB||27/12/2019 - 15:18|
|harbour-file-browser-beta-2.0.0-0.armv7hl.rpm||193.91 KB||12/12/2019 - 16:42|
|harbour-file-browser-beta-2.0.1-0.i486.rpm||210.38 KB||30/12/2019 - 14:41|
|harbour-file-browser-beta-2.0.1-0.armv7hl.rpm||198.03 KB||30/12/2019 - 14:41|
|harbour-file-browser-beta-2.1.0-1.i486.rpm||234.5 KB||12/01/2020 - 20:36|
|harbour-file-browser-beta-2.1.0-1.armv7hl.rpm||219.9 KB||12/01/2020 - 20:36|
## Version 2.1.0-beta (2020-01-12) [by ichthyosaurus]
Published in OpenRepos on 2020-01-12.
* Added file icons for compressed files and for PDF files
* Implemented a new "Gallery Mode": images will be shown comfortably large, and
all entries except for images, videos, and directories will be hidden
* Implemented previewing videos directly
* - Note that this is intentionally kept simple.
* Use an external app for anything other than quickly checking what the file contains.
* - Thumbnail images for videos are not available as they are not supported by the system thumbnailer.
* Added support for USB OTG devices
* - Any device mounted below /run/media/nemo will now be shown together with the SD card
* - Added a bottom pulley to the shortcuts page to manually refresh the list of devices
* - External storage settings can now directly be accessed via the context menu (see below)
* Improved usability of bookmarks and shortcuts
* - Implemented manually sorting bookmarks
* - Fixed wrong icon for deleting bookmarks
* - Fixed bookmarks when transferring files
* - Moved shortcut to Android storage to the main "Locations" section
* Improved settings handling to be more robust
* - Please note that all *customized* bookmark names will be reset *once*
* after installing this update
* - Fixed a bug where bookmark names (not the bookmarks themselves) could get lost
* - Added runtime-caching of settings to handle missing permissions
* - Fixed changing view settings in read-only directories
* - Restricted saving local view settings to /home/nemo/* and /run/media/nemo/*,
* so even if File Browser is run as root, no unwanted files will be written
* - Improved settings handling to be more intuitive when resetting a local
* value to the global default
* not Harbour-compliant changes:
* - Added showing PDF files directly from the file page (swipe right)
* using Sailfish Office
* - Added context menu to external devices (bookmark page) to directly
* open system settings
* Fixed a typo on the sorting options page
* Added option to copy current path to clipboard to the main bottom pulley
* Fixed showing path in pulley when adding a bookmark via shortcuts page
* Performance improvements in
* - loading directories
* - switching between thumbnail modes
* - previewing large images
* Internal API changes
* - Moved settings from Engine to standalone settings handler
* - Replaced separate method for detecting SD cards by method collecting all mounted devices
## Version 2.0.1-beta (2019-12-30) [by ichthyosaurus]
Published in OpenRepos on 2019-12-30.
* Updated translations: Swedish, Chinese, Spanish
* (other translations still need updating - contributors welcome!)
## Version 2.0.0-beta (2019-12-12) [by ichthyosaurus]
Published in OpenRepos on 2019-12-12.
* Performance improvements in
* - changing directories
* - loading directories
* - applying new settings
* Implemented sharing files (non-Harbour version only)
* Added file transfer option (quickly copy/move/link multiple files to multiple destinations)
* Added shortcuts page instead of quick-links menu (swipe right)
* Added bookmarks option (add from pulley or context menu, access on shortcuts page)
* Show content preview of file immediately as attached page (swipe right)
* Improved pulley menu order on file page
* Moved some entries from pull down menu to push up menu on directory page
* Added more sorting options for directory listings
* Added setting to sort case-sensitively or case-insensitively
* Simplified applying directory settings (top pulley or tap on directory title)
* Fixed calculating disk space usage
* Improved file date/time info
* Added setting to use local view settings for all directories (.directory files from desktop file managers)
* Improved selection panel and context menu in directory listings
* Added file actions (copy/rename/share/... to file page)
* Added quick-filter option to directory listings (open top pulley to maximum)
* Improved rename dialog
* - disabled text prediction
* - added support for renaming multiple files at once
* - added check if file already exists
* Improved horizontal app layout
* Implemented file preview thumbnails
* Added image viewer page (swipe right from file page)
* Added "shift" selection of multiple files (long press on file entry to start)
* Added cover actions ('search' and 'show shortcuts')
* Added support for selecting text file preview (just like in the Notes app)
* Implemented computing size of all selected file/directories (with properties page)
* Implemented computing directory size (visible from properties page)
* Implemented opening new windows
* Improved launcher entry
* Improved support for light ambiences
* Improved and added some custom icons
* Added support for animations in image viewer (e.g. GIF files)
* Added list of contributors (swipe right from settings page)
* Added support for initial directory as command line argument
* Added settings page as attached page to shortcuts page (swipe right)
* Added root mode app icon and highlight cover when running as root
* Re-built app icon as SVG and generated new png images
* Improved many strings (translations not updated yet)
* Updated German translation
* Polished user interface with improvements here and there
Note to developers: for this beta version (2.0.0 and upwards), the licensing was changed to the GNU GPLv3+.
## Version 1.8.0 (2019-05-12) [by karip]
Published in Jolla store on 2019-05-13.
* Added a confirmation dialog for file overwriting
* Fixed colors and icons for Sailfish 3 light ambiences