An app usign DeepL's python library for online translation.
You NEED to create an API token on DeepL's website to use the app. It's free.
(Account > Account key > paste the token in the "Settings" page of the app)
Known bugs that wont impact 99% of users :
- App crashes if you insert more than 1000 words (but I don't think that's something related to the app)
- The "X" icon to erase the text follows the text, which can make it disapear if the inserted text is +5 lines long. -> Will be solved in the future.
- You can't see the whole text in the cover if it's longer than three lines. -> Will be "fixed" (if the inserted text is 20 lines long, I doubt you will want to see it in the cover).
Future features by importance :
- Improve the code. 99% of it is inspired from what's out there without following Jolla's guidelines (or any best patricies whatsoever...) .
- Internationalisation. (I tried to do it with German, but somehow it's not working)
- Better cover page.
- Making the app Jolla Store compatible.
- Translate documents.
- Search bar for picking languages quicker.
- About page with data usage (how many translation you've done, how many you can do left with the free account plan).
- Audio to text.
- Asking DeepL if they could make it "official" so future users wont have to create a DeepL account to use the app.
Code is available here : https://gitlab.com/m4074/harbour-deepfish/ , feel free to help me by improving the code (if you have any idea of why the german translation is not working I would be thankful). Don't have a gitlab account ? You can contact me on the sailfish forum : https://forum.sailfishos.org/u/jojo
Icon by @orianeyo