Experimental app for note taking with speech to text.
Speech Note converts speech to text using DeepSpeech library and language models. All voice processing is entirely done locally on the device. Internet connection is only required for model download during app initial configuration. Speech Note respects your privacy and provides truly offline speech-to-text capability.
DeepSpeech models for particular language can be downloaded directly from the app. Following models are currently configured for download:
- Czech / cs
- English / en
- German / de
- Spanish / es
- French / fr
- French (Common Voice) / fr
- Italian / it
- Italian (Mozilla Italia) / it
- Polish / pl
- Chinese / zh-CN
The exact sources are listed here.
The quality of speech recognition strongly depends on language model. In general it is not perfect but for some languages is surprisingly fine. I would be grateful for any feedback how good speech transcription is for individual models.
- Jolla Tablet: does not work at all because there is no x86 build for DeepSpeech library
- Jolla 1: speech transcription is slow and sometimes app crashes due to low memory error
- PinePhone: very unstable and sometimes causes crash of PulseAudio server
Any comments, ideas, issue reports are highly appreciated.
|harbour-dsnote-1.0.1-1.aarch64.rpm||1 MB||29/04/2021 - 20:50|
|harbour-dsnote-1.0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm||1012.08 KB||29/04/2021 - 20:50|
|harbour-dsnote-1.2.0-1.armv7hl.rpm||1018.13 KB||18/09/2021 - 20:31|
|harbour-dsnote-1.2.0-1.aarch64.rpm||1.01 MB||18/09/2021 - 20:31|
|harbour-dsnote-1.3.0-1.aarch64.rpm||1.01 MB||01/10/2021 - 21:11|
|harbour-dsnote-1.3.0-1.armv7hl.rpm||1 MB||01/10/2021 - 21:11|
- Czech language model and translation (many thanks to Lukáš Karas for the contribution)
- New additional models: French (Common Voice), Italian (Mozilla Italia)
- Option to transcribe audio file
- Minor UI fixes and improvements
- support for Jolla 1, Jolla C and PinePhone (alpha)
- speech recognition accuracy is much improved thanks to DeepSpeech library update to version '0.10.0-alpha.3'
- UI minor fixes